Monday, July 18, 2011

Studying being bogged down.

I'll be the first to admit, sometimes I can be a slow learner. If I'm uninterested or widely distracted I just don't simply retain the information I'm tasked with learning the way I'd like to. On the other hand, I have been taking classes and reading technical documents for some 14 years now. So, there is no shortage on the desire to constantly learn and grow. Sometimes though, things simply get bogged down.

Take this weekend for instance. I had planned to bang out some 8-12 hours over two days of studying. What did I actually get? Maybe 7 hours, tops. The distractions,my older daughter, her friend, my younger daughter, cooking, dishes, etc. It was just too much to balance. I let the focus escape, except for a few hours a day after everyone was asleep.

There was a post on TechExams.net that went as follows,

"you can go around and look at someone's house, and get a good idea if they're going to pass the CCNA or not ... dishes not washed, clothes piling up, not going out, etc. ... that was me. I did a thorough house cleaning yesterday after the test, and today, too."
 That's been me for the past month, however tihs past weekend, I lost sight and left the books for dishes and food prep. It has to be done sometimes, I know. I just need to make sure I keep my eyes on the goal. I think next weekend I'm going to head over to the local library. Then I can put in 2-4 hours there, plus my normal 3 hours when everyone is asleep. Really, I wish there were more hours in a day as 24 only goes so far. As the Japanese say "Keep up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment